Thursday, May 19, 2005

This is how liberty dies—with thunderous applause

And so a movie is cursed with bad dialogue. The most glaring example of typical bad Star Wars dialogue:

Anakin "You're so beautiful"
Padme "That's because I am so in love"
Anakin "No, it's because I am so in love with you"
Padme "So, love has made you blind?"
Anakin "That's not what I meant"

Blech!!! Even a soap opera could have done better than that! I will say that the dialogue gets much better at the end when Obi Wan confronts Anakin. It's the most realistic in the entire movie.

Obviously the best part of the movie is the special effects, I am particularly fond of the Yoda fight scenes.

I need to see the movie again to do a more in depth anaylsis, but I have to scrounge up $10 first. So if anyone wants to help me out and find me a boot leg copy, I will love you for the rest of my life. [note: life estate]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to ask that you never make a property joke like that again. Thanks.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Nassim said...

me: i love that i didn't have to see that movie with you.

you: no, I love that i didn't have to hear you bitch the whole time.

me: well, i'm not seeing a conflict here...seems like we both got what we wanted.

you: yes, it's beautiful.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home