Monday, June 20, 2005

I should be in bed...

It's 10:00 p.m. I should be asleep. I have to get up early tomorrow. See what working for the government has done to me? I can only write sentences with less than 10 words and I'm crabby. This said, I only have 30 second blurbs of commentary today instead of my usually rambling dialogue, but you get the point...

I've gone from having no work to do for a month and now I have three projects, which have open deadlines, so of course I'm not actually doing anything to finish or even start them! I think I am a model government employee.

On a happier note I am heading up to the Great North this weekend for my friend's baby shower. I would like to note to all my friends who are planning on getting knocked up in the future, please please please find out the gender of your child, it makes shopping a lot easier for everyone involved. The suprise isn't worth it. You'll be suprised about enough things later in your child's life. Let's start out with a little certainty.

Why the heck is Jeb Bush getting involved in Terri Schiavo's case again? She's gone, the autopsy reports are out, what good is digging around in 20 years of medical records going to do? Doesn't Florida have better things to spend money on, like their foster care system which "loses" some children every year?

Heaven & Hell is officially the best club I've been to in DC. Side note, why is it that none of the hot guys hit on you at a club? Why is it the creepy touchy feely guys? Do all you hot guys think you're too good to hit on us? Or is it just a lack of confidence? It is NOT flattering to be groped by a bunch of creepy, greasy, non-English speaking guys. Blech.

Ah... Chuck Schumer. Chuck is a good man, nothing like taking on identity theft as an issue. He knows how to pick his issues. Obviously coming out against it and proposing sanctions against companies that lose information is a win-win situation. Now, can he beat back the lobbyists? My money's on Chuck, I think he can do it.

That's it, I give up on being coherent. Eventually I will get back to post again, when I find a day that I am not working 13 hours or exhausted. Ah... bed. You are my best friend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update! Update! The masses are clamoring for an update!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Daughter of Shylock said...

The masses? I have masses reading my blog? Well, if I knew that I would have upped the standard much earlier!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home