Friday, April 22, 2005

I Am Not Getting Enough for my $50,000 a Year

Why is it that I have to learn about once in a lifetime opportunities that I've missed from MSNBC instead of from the law school that I pay entirely too much tuition for?

Three Supreme Court justices were at the National Archives last night and there was an audience. First, how in the world do I get invited to these things? Second, why isn't the law school doing a better job of getting us invited to these things? Have I mentioned that the Archives is exactly 20 minutes from where I live? Have I also mentioned that not once in almost a year of living here have I seen anyone famous besides Dick Gephardt? I am disappointed, it should be easier to go see a Supreme Court argument, or get to see one of them speak somewhere. I mean c'mon, Scalia & Breyer took a trip to American's law school. GW's campus is much closer! [and I'm paying a lot more money than the kids at American, have I mentioned that lately?]

So now it is my goal to see a Supreme Court justice sometime this summer. I'm going to have some free time, I'm just going to start stalking them. Who should I start with? Kennedy? Breyer? Scalia? I'm definitely not interested in Thomas or Ginsburg, too boring. And Rehnquist isn't much good to anyone these days. I'm not sure Stevens or O'Connor could say anything in less than 1,000 words. I know there's another guy on the bench... what the heck is his name? Guess he's not too important.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Bovino could hook you up with some Supremes.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home