Tuesday, April 19, 2005

What Does Your T-Shirt Say About You?

I will readily admit that I own a number of not so politically correct shirts and I will wear them in public. But the shirt that I saw today made me wonder what other people think of me when I wear them!

There was a woman on the Metro today wearing a black t-shirt that stated in bold white letters, I may not be Ms. Right, but I'll fuck you until she shows up.

Add to this picture the fact that the woman was about 40, wearing a very large gold cross on her necklace and carrying a single peach rose. I kid you not.

Of course, being the judgmental type of person I am I assumed she was wearing the shirt for shock value. Somehow it is difficult for me to reconcile her large display of faith and the philosophy being espoused by her shirt. She obviously was unaware of the conflict. This of course made me realize that other people must judge me when I wear t-shirts that state something like "I'm just one big fucking ray of sunshine aren't I?" or "We could mate, but then I'd have to kill you" [there's a picture of a black widow spider on that shirt, get it?]. What about "Kiss me, I'm tattooed"? or "I'm not ignoring you, you're just insignificant"?

As you can see from the short list above, I have a couple weeks of "fun" t-shirts, including many concert t-shirts that imply all types of things, as concert t-shirts are prone to do.

So I ask you, would you judge me or have you judged me in the past based on a brazen statement my t-shirt made?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you kidding me? i basically ONLY judge you on what you wear...

6:13 PM  
Blogger Daughter of Shylock said...

Well then, at least I know what I'm getting into then. I will have to start wearing those shirts on strategic days. Wonder which ones would be appropriate for finals?

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home