Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Acting on Law & Order Sucks

So here I am, happily outlining and watching Law & Order SVU, until I become so distracted by the bad acting that I have to tell someone. So far, in 30 minutes a cop was shot, accused of shooting a bystander, had surgery, had his name cleared, recovered from surgery, met his estranged son, is accused of being a dirty cop, finds a missing crack whore who turned in her boss, who then had her killed, lets the crack whore's mother know she's dead, mother still mad at him, turns out crack whore had a kid right before she died. Explain to me why so much has to be involved in one episode?? They could have developed each of these plot lines into one episode a piece. There's about 3 good episodes there with an opportunity for character development and real plot points. The amount of stuff that they crammed into one episode so far is absolutely ridiculous. Now they're talking about the history of Potter's Field. Give me a break. Now all the sudden they know that the kid is a boy... I am terribly confused. And if Ice Cube [Ice Tea? what ever the heck his name is] says "Moms" one more time I might puke. Oh and now... the dead girl's mother isn't mad at him anymore... he's going to find her grandson. Also, his acting has gone totally down the tubes, he hasn't said one sentence longer than 5 words.

I think I might have to write a letter to Law & Order and let them know they need to fire their writers. The TV viewing audience doesn't have that short of an attention span that you have to cram 5 episodes into one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home