Sunday, April 03, 2005

So Many Things Happen Over the Weekend...

Murder in Friendship Heights...

I went to a murder mystery dinner Saturday, it was really fun! We each had to dress up like a character from a different decade, lucky me I was Polly Ester Pance (from the 70's obviously). Thank goodness I have a horrible polyester outfit that I have left over from attending the World's Largest Disco! The best part was trying not to laugh when everyone was accusing every one else of either being a whore or a murderer....

The Pope died...

So the Pope died, so did Frank Perdue! We should mourn them both.

[Insert moment of silence here]

Daylight Savings?!?

After getting home from the above mentioned party Saturday night, I noticed my calendar said Daylight Savings was today. But I couldn't remember if that meant change your change your clock Saturday night or Sunday night!!! So I called my wise friend over at Really Big In Europe, unfortunately, she didn't pick up her phone, nor did she call me back!! She must be really busy researching for the next post on her blog.... which should be coming sometime soon, right?? Moral of the story: change your clocks Saturday night, don't rely on your cell phone for the correct time, and always have an outfit you can wear to work that doesn't need to be ironed, so that when you get up an hour late you can get showered and dressed in a half an hour!

I work with some of the stupidest people...
So, being Daylight Savings and all, a bunch of people showed up an hour late today. On top of that, I spent the day explaining to customers why the small Asian girl had no clue what she was talking about or why she was overcharging them. Excellent customer service.

I was offered a job, to work for free...
...and I think I'm going to turn it down. It sounds interesting, researching reporter's privilege, but I really cannot afford to work for free. I am a full time student, with the responsibilities of someone who works full time, car payment, insurance, rent, credit card... Working for free is not going to help my credit report. So now I just have to wait for the official e-mail offering me the job so I can turn it down, and laugh, and hope that I find a job that pays....

That was my weekend, in a nutshell... not terribly interesting... but definitely more interesting than my next two weekends. Moot Court and Mock Trial and potentially baseball, have I mentioned how much I loooove baseball? (not.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for finally recognizing that i am in fact, very wise.

At first when i read the "murder in friendship heights"--i was really shocked and thought, "OMG! (yeah, just like that, abbreviated) We were in friendship heights that night!! And there was a murder??? We could have been in danger!"

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home