Wednesday, July 27, 2005

What's a FIP?

FIP... it's a law school's way of torturing its students during the summer when we're not paying to be tortured. Think of it as a 2 for 1 special. So I spent 4 hours today uploading resumes and writing cover letters and "bidding" on 16 firms so I might get an interview at the end of August, which may lead to a call back interview, which eventually has the possibility of turning into a job offer for next summer. It is the ultimate in pre-planning. Not only do I have any clue what I am doing this fall, I have no desire to decide now what I am doing next summer, 10 months away!

Hopefully I will get at least one interview and that will make all the time spent on this venture worth it. Of course instead of the hours spent sorting firms, researching firms, writing cover letters and reformatting that 5 point space in my resume I'm sure I could have done something more productive. Like blogging, since I've been quite a slacker about keeping up with this site lately. On a happier note, school starts in 4 weeks, so I'll be back to blogging regularly while waiting for a professor to say something interesting.

Different topic: the weather here sucks. Why is it always hot or raining? It seems like every time we have a thunderstorm we lose our power, so not only is it hot outside, it is hot inside since the A/C doesn't work! And then I have to reset all the clocks. That's asking a lot I think. Pepco needs to get its act together.

Topic #3: One week from now I will be sitting in a restaraunt, enjoying a price-fixe menu during Restaraunt Week! Very exciting! Then the next day I get to head home! Yeah Buffalo! I am seriously craving some decent wings and roast beef on weck. Hopefully while I'm home my friend will have her baby, she's due on my birthday, which I think would be pretty cool if I shared my birthday with somebody exactly 25 years younger than me. Besides, it'll just me a reason to spoil the kid!

That's all for now, I'm still waiting to see how the chips fall around John Roberts before making a decision about whether I like him or not. Give me a couple days to Google him and come up with something good or bad, then I'll get back to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home