Saturday, March 18, 2006

Brilliant, but not so Talented

In my recent quest to update my music library I happened upon Panic! At the Disco's album: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. While they sound like an updated version of the Bare Naked Ladies [not a compliment] I'm mentioning them for their sheer brilliance in song titles. For instance: "The Only Difference Between Suicide and Martyrdom is Press Coverage;" "I Write Sins Not Tragedies;" "There's a Reason the Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet;""I Thank God Constantly for Esteban;" and my personal favorite "Build God, Then We'll Talk."

I'm intrigued by Napster's Personal Recommendations for me. Now y'all know my taste in music, so you'll find this list amusing: Some Hearts - Carrie Underwood; The Emancipation of Mimi - Mariah Carey; #1's - Destiny's Child; I Am Me - Ashley Simpson; The Best of Tha Del Funkee Homosapien - self explanatory; Enormous Members' Club - Brooks.

Apparently Napster thinks I like techno, reggae, and chicks. Boy are they ever wrong. Let's take a look at my list of recent downloads: Rain Fall Down - Rolling Stones; Soul Shaker - Big & Rich; Bom Bom Bom - The Living Things. If anything, Napster should be recommending a bunch of old fogey bands and country. They should hire Google to work on their recommendations. At least the ads I get with my email are slightly content based.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home