Sunday, July 30, 2006

"You Look Bored"

"That's because I am."

This is how I met Steve, biomedical engineer, from - of all places - Binghampton. That's right. Somehow looking bored and stand-offish in bar attracted the attention of a guy from my neck of the woods, New York. Now mind you, I was bored and being my miserable, why the heck did I go out, self in Adams Morgan, so I responded to all his questions with one word answers. But that nice guy from Binghampton thing (or a lot of beer) made him persistent. It took him 5 minutes to extract from me that I was from Buffalo - that's a lot of questions with one word answers. Seriously, guys normally give up/take a hint by that point. In any event he wasn't too put off to ask that if I didn't feel it was too forward would I like to grab a drink next week. And at that point, he got brownie points for being from Binghampton and for not being sketchy - unlike the crazy guys standing 2 feet away from us the entire night. What's makes this funny though is the minute after we exchanged phone numbers, Steve turns around and starts groping the girl next to him! That's some game. Wonder if she was bored too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home