Saturday, July 01, 2006

You thought I was pissed off last week....

OK there is a reason I don't talk to my exes. They're assholes. Case in point: the following letter I received today from Ex #3.

Dear Daughter of Shylock:

I'm sure you have chosen not to speak to me for some valid reason, and I can accept that. [Really? You think? Do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that you're a jerk? That you came between me & one of my close friends? That perhaps you've never grown up? I'm glad you can accept that, because I got over years ago, approximately 5 minutes after we broke up]
However, I feel the need to to have one-ended conversations with you on occasion in an attempt to keep in touch. [I'm happy to see your English skills haven't advanced any in 6 years and apparently you don't understand the concept of staying in touch, sad.]

We might not be part of each other's present or future lives, but we share a common past that directed us to the present. [Yes, I've learned that any guy who buys you a car muffler for Valentine's Day deserves to be punished, and will only disappoint you. Thank you for that, I'm glad we got to share that common past]

I have not a clue what you think of me anymore (if you think of me ever), and I have no idea who you have grown to be. [OK no, I don't think of you, I have a happily functional life without thinking of you. I'm not one to waste my time worrying about where idiots are now.]

I then got a "brief"update on his life that lasted another page and a half. WTF??? First of all, how did he get my address here? When I sent out change of address cards, he certainly was not on the list. Second, why the sudden need to include me in his still wasteful and incredibly trite life? I've got better things to do with 2 minutes of my life than read this ridiculous letter, which came folded up like the notes you pass in high school. Mature.

Despite the fact that I have ignored every form of communication he's sent me in the past few months, I have a feeling I might not be able to control myself this time. I feel a scathing letter about the state of his mind and manhood coming on. If you're going to try to keep the lines of communication open, be ready for the shit storm when you contact people who want nothing to do with you.

All of my other exes should take note, don't bother me. I don't have time for you, and you don't want to hear what I have to say about you - because it isn't nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home