Saturday, April 22, 2006

Baby don't you know I'm a real soul shaker?

Have you ever thought that your life would be much better if you were living in a country song?

For instance, right about now I could use a guy who's not too good at love out loud, but will do anything to see me smile, and who would go crazy without me, because he needs a woman's touch.

Every once in awhile he'll saddle up his horse & ride into the city, he'll make a lotta noise, cuz the girls they are so pretty, but when he comes home I'll say "cowboy, take me away." He'd comply because we need wide open spaces, if he's going to write my number on the 50 yard line. We would run away to somewhere between Texas and Mexico to trade 20 margaritas for some moonshine, even though Jose Cuervo's a friend of mine. Because there's no mystery about why he surrenders to me, I think his tractor's sexy (because I want to save a horse and ride a cowboy.)

He'd never be like Earl, you know I'd never lose any sleep at night if he was, 'cuz he ain't worth missin'. If he was a regular, original, know-it-all, it wouldn't impress me much.

But when the right cowboy came around, we'd talk about my heart, my brains and my smarts, because talking about me makes him grin. Occasionally we'd talk about him-him-him, even though he didn't even listen to a word I said. He's always looking for a little less talk and a lot more action.

I'd always love the way he loved me; he'd hate to see me go, but love to watch me leave, with that honkeytonkbadonkadonk. (Best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun!) I'd always come back though and swear to him that I'm going to wrap him up in love like a hurricane and blow him away. I ain't gonna be just another heart breaker, baby don't you know I'm a real soul shaker?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nassim said...

you need find a publisher...heather, what can you do for us?

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home